- Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN
Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck! Maximize your efficiency and effectiveness with Carol J. Buck’s 2013 ICD-9-CM for Physicians, Volumes 1 & 2 – Professional Edition. Combining Netter’s Anatomy artwork and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) with a format designed by coders for coders, this handy, spiral-bound reference gives you easy access to the information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in physician-based coding. Plus, you can take this resource into certification exams for enhanced testing support!
- Exclusive focus on ICD-9-CM, Volumes 1 and 2 provides clear, concise coverage of physician-based coding essentials.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy artwork clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
- Use Additional Digit(s) symbol in the index identifies codes that require an additional digit to remind you to check the tabular.
- The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) are listed within the lists of codes and in a separate index for fast, easy access to the coding rules when you need them.
- Items provide detailed information on common diseases and conditions, helping you code more effectively.
- Symbols throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes and clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning symbols, including Not First-Listed Diagnosis, Unspecified Code, Includes and Excludes, and Use Additional.
- Additional hints, tips and definitions within specific codes provide extra guidance in coding anatomy, pathophysiology, or other coding directions.
- References to the American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinics® help you find expanded information about specific codes and their usage.
- Age and Sex edits alert you to codes that are used only with patients of a specific age or sex, helping to ensure accurate reporting.
- Omit and Code Also codes highlight government text needing special attention.
- Coding updates on the companion codingupdates.com website keep you informed of changes to ICD codes.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!