- David Spence
- Henry JM Barnett
Help your patients avoid a new or recurrent stroke—with this evidence-based guide
Featuring a rigorous evidence-based approach and hands-on tools, this book will enable you to go further in minimizing the risk of stroke for your patients.
Edited by two global authorities, Stroke Prevention, Treatment, and Rehabilitation offers leading-edge insights, new data, and best practices from luminaries in the field—all designed to help you apply proven stroke prevention techniques and treatment protocols to your practice. In concise, practical chapters, the text surveys the epidemiology of stroke, the urgency of treatment and how to unlock the considerable potential for prevention. Specific chapters highlight specific, ready-to-use prevention methods, including:
- Nutritional counseling, smoking cessation and exercise
- Management of hypertension
- Antiplatelet, anticoagulation, and lipid-lowering therapies
- Intracranial stenosis and appropriate endarterectomy and stenting
- Treatment and rehabilitation for when stroke has already occurred
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!