- S.V. Mahadevan, MD, Associate Chief, Division of Emergency Medicine, Associate Professor of Surgery (Emergency Medicine), Director, Stanford Emergency Medicine International, Stanford University School of Medicine, and, Emergency Department Medical Director, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
- Gus M. Garmel, MD, Co-Program Director, Stanford/Kaiser Emergency Medicine Residency, Clinical Professor (Affiliated) of Surgery (Emergency Medicine), Clerkship Director, Surgery 313D (Emergency Medicine), Stanford University School of Medicine, Senior Staff Emergency Physician, The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Building on the strengths of its award-winning predecessor, this new edition of An Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine is a must-have resource for individuals training and practising in this challenging specialty. Guided by the patient’s chief complaint, this text presents a concise, methodical approach to patient evaluation, management and problem solving in the Emergency Department. Unlike other textbooks, which elaborate on known diagnoses, this extraordinary book approaches clinical problems as clinicians approach patients – without full knowledge of the final diagnosis. Fully revised and updated, the second edition includes new chapters on sepsis, bleeding, burns, neonatal, alcohol-related, and dental emergencies. Stunning full-color chapters include clinical images (photographs, ECGs and radiologic studies), detailed illustrations and practical tables. Written and edited by experienced educators, researchers, and practitioners in Emergency Medicine, this text is core reading for students and residents, and an important resource for practising emergency physicians, faculty, and other healthcare providers.
- Chapters are arranged by presenting complaints, which helps readers methodically evaluate and manage patients
- Includes detailed, practical tables and extensive DDXs for each presenting complaint, highlighting life-threatening conditions
- Recommended by numerous student, resident, paramedic, physician assistant and nursing organizations
- First edition won the prestigious American Medical Writers Association’s Book Award (Physician category, 1st place) in 2006
Original PDF format
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!