- John C. Hall, MD, Department of Medical Dermatology, University of Missouri—Kansas City, Department of Dermatology, St. Luke’s Hospital, Dermatology Staff, Kansas City Free Health Clinic, Kansas City, Missouri
- Brian J. Hall, MD, Department of Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Clay J. Cockerell, MD, Chairman of the Department of Dermatopathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Director,Cockerell & Associates, Dermpath Diagnostics, Dermatopathology Laboratories, Dallas, Texas,
A landmark book about the single most important disease of the last 30 years, this will be a reference and text of current methods of diagnosis and therapy for all aspects and clinical manifestations of AIDS.
The science of the virus and its effects and the clinical approaches to its treatment and transmission prevention are placed in the context of the history and epidemiology of the HIV-AIDS pandemic. Each organ system of the body is explored as to manifestations of the disease, treatment now and in the future, as well as what the disease has taught us about the immune response.
No other text provides the historical and epidemiological context of this disease along with an update of diagnosis and treatment. The underlying science and epidemiology of AIDS are not neglected, so the student or clinician who is treating patients with AIDS can gain a full understanding of HIV/AIDS in individual patients and in their communities.
- Comprehensive AIDS textbook
- Basic science and history to current technology and treatment to the future clinic
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!