- Barrie R. Cassileth, PhD, Chief, Integrative Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan-Ketting Cancer Center, New York, New York
- K. Simon Yeung, MBA, PharmD, LAc, Clinical Coordinator & Research Pharmacist,, Integrative Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
- Jyothirmai Gubili, MS, Assistant Editor, Integrative Medicine Service, Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York,
The book provides science-based information about herbal remedies, other dietary supplements, and non-mainstream products promoted as cancer treatments for the medical community. Each herb or remedy description is accompanied by information as to its origin, most common uses, benefits, and risks/dangers. The book will provide detailed information on over 250 remedies and describes their constituents, mechanisms of action, adverse reactions, pharmacokinetics, and contraindications. Information on each herb or other remedy was developed through careful and critical reviews of research conducted by experts in pharmacy, botanicals, and complementary therapies. Each herb or product is described in terms of the following sections: common name, scientific name, key words, clinical summary, herbal constituents, warnings, mechanisms of action, usage, adverse reactions, drug interactions, dosage, literature summary and critique, and notes.
- Beautifully rendered drawings of the plants and treatment machinery add considerably to the appeal.
- Each listing has clearly indicated sections: common name, scientific name, clinical summary, constituents, warnings, mechanisms of action, usage, adverse reactions, drug interactions, dosage, and literature summary.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!