- Nadine Abelson-Mitchell, Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer), PhD, BSc (Nursing), RN, RM, Dip Nursing Education, RT, Dip Nursing Administration, , DNA, Dip ICU, ENB148, FHEA, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Society, Plymouth University, Plymouth, UK
Neurotrauma: Managing Patients with Head Injuries is a comprehensive, holistic, evidence-based approach to the primary, secondary and tertiary care of a person with neurotrauma.
Using a patient-centred needs approach to enhance the quality of care of head injured patients, family and carers, this multidisciplinary book will enable the reader to apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes learned to the practice of neurotrauma in all settings. It explores:
- Anatomy and physiology of the brain
- Pharmacology for neurotrauma patients
- Assessment of the patient with neurotrauma
- Management of neurotrauma in a range of settings including at the scene, in the emergency department, and at the hospital
- Community care
- Nursing management of the patient
This practical resource includes activities, exercises, and ethical and legal considerations throughout, making it ideal reading for all staff working in neuroscience, emergency, critical and rehabilitation settings.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!