- Rachel L Glick MD Associate Chair for Clinical and Administrative Affairs, Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI
- Jon S Berlin MD Medical Director, Crisis Service, Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division, Milwaukee, WI
- Avrim Fishkind MD President and Chief Medical Officer, JSA Health, Houston, TX
- Scott L Zeller MD Medical Director, Psychiatric Emergency Services, Oakland, CA
Written and edited by leading emergency psychiatrists, this is the first comprehensive text devoted to emergency psychiatry. The book blends the authors’ clinical experience with evidence-based information, expert opinions, and American Psychiatric Association guidelines for emergency psychiatry. Case studies are used throughout to reinforce key clinical points.
This text brings together relevant principles from many psychiatric subspecialties—community, consultation/liaison, psychotherapy, substance abuse, psychopharmacology, disaster, child, geriatric, administrative, forensic—as well as from emergency medicine, psychology, law, medical ethics, and public health policy. The emerging field of disaster psychiatry is also addressed.
A companion Website offers instant access to the fully searchable text.
- The first comprehensive text devoted to emergency psychiatry
- Written and edited by leading emergency psychiatrists
- Blends the authors’ clinical experience with evidence-based information, expert opinions, and American Psychiatric Association guidelines
- Case studies reinforce key clinical points
- Coverage includes the emerging field of disaster psychiatry
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!