- Laura W Roberts MD, MA Chairman and Charles E. Kubly Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine; Professor, Department of Population Health, Center for the Study of Bioethics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Jinger G Hoop MD, MFA Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Thomas W Heinrich MD Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Clinically relevant and visually accessible, Clinical Psychiatry Essentials is tailored specifically to meet the needs of today’s students. Easy to read and use, it provides an introduction to the field of psychiatry and features a wealth of learning tools to maximize comprehension. Each chapter integrates clinical case scenarios, clinical pearls, and study questions, making this an excellent resource for course study and exam preparation. The book addresses core competency issues, including communication skills, system-based aspects of care, and professionalism and focuses on innovative areas of psychiatry including patient-centered care practices and new therapies.
A companion Website provides access to the fully searchable text.
- Based on Stoudemire’s classic text
- Case-based questions and answers with rationales for all right and wrong answers
- Clinical pearls provided throughout the text
- Self-assessment exercises to test recall
- Short chapters addressing special issues concerning children, adolescents, the elderly, and the medically ill
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!