- Marc E Agronin MD Director of Mental Health Services, Miami Jewish Home and Hospital for the Aged; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Miller School of Medicine at the University of Miami, Miami, FL; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Miami School
- Gabe J Maletta PhD, MD Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine/Community Health
Many elderly patients suffer from psychiatric conditions that result from–or are made worse by–existing medical conditions. This new edition integrates clinical expertise needed to evaluate and treat psychiatric, medical and neurologic disorders in the older patient. Both scientific foundations of and clinical approaches to psychiatric disease are discussed by a range of experts who rely on evidence-based clinical guidelines and outcomes data. Most chapters include case studies that illuminate the approaches to diagnosis and treatment. The book’s five sections include basic principles of evaluation and treatment for specific disorders; appendices offer further insight into pharmacotherapy and neuroanatomic foundation of psychiatric diseases.
- cases and an abundance of tables
- key summary points listed for each chapter
- Solution site with searchable text, exam review questions and neuro-image bank
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!