- John P Greer MD Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, Divisions of Hematology/Oncology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- John Foerster MD, BSc (Med), FRCP (C)
- George M Rodgers MD, PhD Professor of Medicine and Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Veterans' Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT; Medical Director, Coagulation Laboratory, ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, UT<
- Frixos Paraskevas MD Associate, Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba Faculty of Medicine, Cancer Care Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Bertil Glader MD, PhD
- Daniel A Arber MD
- Robert T Means Jr., MD
Established since 1942 as the leading hematology textbook, Wintrobe’s Clinical Hematology is now in its thoroughly revised Twelfth Edition. The text continues its tradition of correlating basic science with the clinical practice of hematology and is organized to help physicians find clinical answers quickly and easily.
The Twelfth Edition is in full color for the first time, includes more international contributors, and has two new editors, Daniel A. Arber, MD and Robert T. Means, Jr., MD. Highlights include expanded coverage of molecular genetics and pathogenesis, more hematopathology illustrations, and current information on new medications and their rapid bench-to-bedside development. Four new chapters cover anemias unique to the newborn period, pathology of LHC and other histiocytic disorders, tumors of the spleen, and pathology and classification of myeloproliferative disorders and mast cell disease.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- NEW! Two new editors: Robert Means, MD, Professor of Hematology/Oncology at Vanderbilt (red cell material) and Daniel Arber, MD, Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Stanford (hematopathology material)
- NEW! Greater emphasis on molecular genetics and pathogenesis, as well as an increased number of hematopathology illustrations
- NEW! Further expansion of contributor base including international contributors
- NEW! Clinical chapters detail new medications and their rapid bench-to-bedside development, especially those under development for chronic myeloid leukemia
- NEW! Four new chapters: Anemias Unique to the Newborn Period; Pathology of LHC and Other Histiocytic Disorders; Tumors of the Spleen; and Pathology and Classification of Myeloproliferative Disorders and Mast Cell Disease
- NEW! Thirty-one chapters with major changes (combined/reconfigured and/or new contributors)
- The most comprehensive hematology book on the market
- Effectively bridges the gap between the basic science and clinical practice in hematology
- Chapters are arranged logically to best serve physicians in search of clinical answers
- Full-color halftones and 2-color, computer-generated illustrations spread throughout the book
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!