- Bruce A Chabner MD Professor of Medicine, Chief, Hematology/Oncology, Clinical Director, Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Dan L Longo MD National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Gerontology Research Center, Baltimore, MD
Updated to include the newest drugs and those currently in development, Cancer Chemotherapy and Biotherapy, Fifth Edition is a comprehensive reference on the preclinical and clinical pharmacology of anticancer agents. Organized by drug class, the book provides the latest information on all drugs and biological agents—their mechanisms of action, interactions with other agents, toxicities, side effects, and mechanisms of resistance. Chapters emphasize pharmacology and mechanisms of action at the molecular and cellular levels, followed by clinical activity and toxicity, both acute and delayed. The authors explain the rationale for use of drugs in specific schedules and combinations and offer guidelines for dose adjustment in particular situations.
This edition’s introduction includes timely information on general strategies for drug usage, the science of drug discovery and development, economic and regulatory aspects of cancer drug development, and principles of pharmacokinetics. Eight new chapters have been added and more than twenty have been significantly revised.
A companion website includes the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- NEW! Introductory section completely overhauled to include new information on:
- general strategies for drug usage
- the science of drug discovery and development
- economic and regulatory aspects of cancer drug development
- principles of pharmacokinetics
- NEW! Eight new chapters added, seven revised with new authors
- NEW! Significant overhaul to more than 20 other chapters, especially drug information
- Organized by drug class, not disease
- Illustrates mechanism of action and structure of each drug, as well as its toxicity
- Complete discussion of drug interactions
- Covers all new drugs as well as those in development
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!