- Robert D Timmerman MD Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Lei Xing PhD Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
This book provides detailed, state-of-the-art information and guidelines on the latest developments, innovations, and clinical procedures in image-guided and adaptive radiation therapy. The first section discusses key methodological and technological issues in image-guided and adaptive radiation therapy, including use of implanted fiducial markers, management of respiratory motion, image-guided stereotactic radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiation therapy, three-dimensional conformal brachytherapy, target definition and localization, and PET/CT and biologically conformal radiation therapy. The second section provides practical clinical information on image-guided adaptive radiation therapy for cancers at all common anatomic sites and for pediatric cancers. The third section offers practical guidelines for establishing an effective image-guided adaptive radiation therapy program.
- Reviews state-of-the-art technology in radiation therapy: image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) and adaptive radiation therapy (ART) are critical to fully exploit the potential of 3-D conformal radiation therapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Details in a stepwise fashion how to set up and run an IGRT/ART program, including planning, patient positioning, and radiation delivery
- Contributors represent those who are helping to bring these techniques to the forefront of radiation oncology
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!