- James W McNabb MD Private Practice Family Medicine, Full Circle Family Medicine of Piedmont HealthCare, Mooresville, NC
Expanded and updated for its Second Edition, this practical illustrated guide explains the rationale and step-by-step procedures for joint and soft tissue injections and aspirations. The book will enable primary care physicians to master these effective techniques for treating a variety of common skin and musculoskeletal conditions. Full-color illustrations help practitioners identify anatomic landmarks and demonstrate how to perform each technique. This edition covers many alternative techniques and several new procedures, including ultrasound-guided injections, eyelid injections for cysts, nerve blocks for headaches, procedures for the hip, scapula joint injections, and temporomandibular joint procedures.
A companion Website contains videos demonstrating 48 injections.
- NEW Increase page length from 132 to 224
- NEW 12 new joint and soft tissue injections
- NEW Expand current chapters to include alternative techniques
- NEW Eyelid injection for cysts (chalazions)
- NEW Nerve blocks for headaches
- NEW New hip chapter
- NEW Scapula joint injections
- NEW Temporomandibular joint
- NEW Ultrasound guided injections
- Ample full-color images
- Clear, step-by-step guidance
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice
- Handy appendices that include patient aftercare handouts
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!