- Dennis W Boulware MD Associate Dean for Education, Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Gustavo R Heudebert MD Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
This volume of Lippincott’s Primary Care Series will help family practitioners, internists, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants understand, diagnose, and treat the most common rheumatologic problems seen in the primary care setting. Emphasis on day-to-day practical outpatient office practice distinguishes this from the many existing rheumatology textbooks and it contains numerous images to aid in diagnosis and treatment. Whenever possible, chapters follow a consistent format with headings of Clinical Presentation, Examination, Studies, Treatment, Clinical Course, and Conclusions and box elements such as Introductory Case, Clinical Points/Highlights, Patient Assessment, Not to Be Missed, and When to Refer. Key points are provided for those topics that don’t fit this format.
- Folded in anatomical chart for the office
- Fully searchable companion website with image bank
- Includes lab tests and imaging used to diagnose conditions
- Numerous images and boxed elements for clear and concise visual presentation
- Patient education handouts
- Topics include most commonly encountered rheumatologic disorders in primary care setting in the areas of:
- Sport-related, occupational and other regional pain syndromes
- Specific rheumatic diseases
- Osteoarthritis and metabolic bone and joint disease
- Infectious arthritis
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!