- Donald L Schomer MD Director, Clinical Neurophysiology, Professor of Neurology, Chief, Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fernando Lopes da Silva MD, PhD Professor Emeritus, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The leading reference on electroencephalography since 1982, Niedermeyer’s Electroencephalography is now in its thoroughly updated Sixth Edition. An international group of experts provides comprehensive coverage of the neurophysiologic and technical aspects of EEG, evoked potentials, and magnetoencephalography, as well as the clinical applications of these studies in neonates, infants, children, adults, and older adults.
With this edition, Dr. Niedermeyer turns over the reins of lead editor to Donald Schomer, MD, Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Schomer has updated the technical information and added a major new chapter that identifies and demonstrates a wide variety of artifacts. Other highlights include a chapter on integrating other recording devices with EEG; chapters on transcranial electrical and magnetic stimulation; complete coverage of EEG in the intensive care unit; a new chapter on EEG/TMS in evaluation of cognitive and mood disorders; and new chapters on sleep in premature infants, children and adolescents, and the elderly.
A companion website includes fully searchable text and image bank.
- NEW: Chapter on how to integrate other recording devices with EEG
- NEW: Chapters on transcranial electrical AND magnetic stimulation (technical)
- NEW: Complete coverage of recording EEG in the intensive care unitan ever-expanding clinical interest
- NEW: Complete discussion and demonstration of artifacts of recording
- NEW: New chapter on EEG/TMS in evaluation of disorders of cognition and mood
- NEW: New chapters on sleep for premature infants, children and adolescents, and the elderly
- NEW: A companion website includes fully searchable text and image bank.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!