- Paul L Marino MD, PhD, FCCM Director of Critical Care, The Miriam Hospital, Providence, RI; Associate Professor, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI
- Kenneth M Sutin MD, FCCM Department of Anesthesiology, Bellevue Hospital Center; Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
This best-selling resource provides a general overview and basic information for all adult intensive care units. The material is presented in a brief and quick-access format which allows for topic and exam review. It provides enough detailed and specific information to address most all questions and problems that arise in the ICU. Emphasis on fundamental principles in the text should prove useful for patient care outside the ICU as well.
New chapters in this edition include hyperthermia and hypothermia syndromes; infection control in the ICU; and severe airflow obstruction. Sections have been reorganized and consolidated when appropriate to reinforce concepts.
Purchase The ICU Book, Third Edition and visit TheICUBook.com, which gives you free access to links from references to PubMed, updated regularly; and a directory of Websites handpicked by Dr. Marino.
- New chapters on hyperthermia and hypothermia syndromes, infection control in the ICU, and severe airflow obstruction
- Newly renamed and refocused chapters on hot topics: acute coronary syndromes, severe airflow obstruction, and anemia and red cell transfusions
- Vascular access and pharmaceutical sections reorganized and consolidated
- New, modern artwork throughout
- Single-authored text prevents overlap and contradicting recommendations
- Portable and succinct for quick and easy use
- Critical points/controversies are boldfaced throughout the text
- Provides practical advantages and disadvantages to most procedures, drugs, and treatments
- Purchase of this edition includes free access to a Website featuring links from references to PubMed, updated regularly; and a directory of Websites handpicked by Dr. Marino.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!