- Benjamin W Eidem MD, FACC, FASE Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Frank Cetta MD, FACC, FASE Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Patrick W O’Leary MD, FACC, FASE Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Pediatric Echocardiography, Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Written by expert pediatric cardiologists at the Mayo Clinic and other leading institutions, this book provides a comprehensive review of echocardiographic evaluation and diagnosis of congenital heart disease in pediatric and adult patients. Coverage includes advanced techniques such as tissue Doppler, three-dimensional echocardiography, intracardiac and intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography, and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Chapters provide complete information on the full range of abnormalities and on evaluation of valve prostheses and the transplanted heart. More than 1,300 illustrations, including over 900 in full color, complement the text.
Purchase includes online access to AVI clips developed at the Mayo Clinic of the congenital-specific lesions illustrated in the book.
- Belgian clinicians present advanced techniques that have revolutionized echocardiography (i.e., tissue Doppler and 3-D volumes)
- Complete coverage of Marfan syndrome
- Complete information on valve prosthesis
- Discussion on pericardial disorders (result of multiple cardiac surgeries) not usually covered in pediatric cardiology texts
- Intracardiac echo (Mayo clinicians considered ‘expert’ in this new technology)
- The section on myocardial and pericardial diseases will be authored by Mayo clinicians: great expertise with newer diagnoses, better insights.
- Each chapter opens with a numbered list of key points and the numbers are used in the margins to help readers locate full information on those points.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!