- Robert M Savage MD, FACC Co-Director, Intraoperative Echocardiographic Service, Departments of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Solomon Aronson MD, FACC, FCCP, FAHA, FASE Professor of Anesthesiology, Executive Vice Chair, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Stanton K Shernan MD Director of Cardiac Anesthesia, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
The definitive text and reference on transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is now in its thoroughly updated Second Edition. This edition has been significantly reorganized to meet new demands in the field. The first section covers material relevant to the basic certification now being implemented by the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists. The second section, new to this edition, covers echocardiography in the critical care setting. The third section covers advanced applications relevant to the current certification.
The basic perioperative echocardiography section includes new chapters on organizing education and training in perioperative echocardiography and on ultrasound for vascular access. The critical care section includes new chapters on assessment of the patient with endocarditis and using echo during resuscitation. The advanced applications in perioperative echocardiography section includes new chapters on epiaortic and epicardial imaging; endovascular management of thoracic vascular disease; transcutaneous management of valvular heart disease; and perioperative application of Strain and three-dimensional echocardiography.
A companion website includes the fully searchable text and an image bank.
- NEW! New chapter: Organizing Education and Training in Perioperative Echocardiography
- NEW! New chapter: Ultrasound for Vascular Access
- NEW! New chapter: Assessment of the Patient with Endocarditis
- NEW! New chapter: Using Echo during Resuscitation
- NEW! New chapter: Epiaortic and Epicardial Imaging
- NEW! New chapter: Surgical Considerations and Assessment of Endovascular Management of Thoracic Vascular Disease
- NEW! New chapter: Assessment in Transcutaneous Management of Valvular Heart Disease and EP Lab
- NEW! New chapter: Perioperative Application of New Modalities: Strain Echocardiography and Three Dimensional Echocardiography
- NEW! New focus on basic vs. advanced applications
- NEW! New section on echocardiography in the critical care setting
- Editors are renowned educators in the field
- Full color throughout
- Superbly illustrated
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!