- Carlos A Roldan MD, FACC, FASE Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Director, Echo Lab, New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM
The Ultimate Echo Guide, Second Edition is designed to provide a complete echocardiography consultation in an easy, fast, and succinct manner.
You will find essential information for a range of commonly encountered pathologies. Discussions of each echo technique (M-mode, 2-D, Doppler TTE, and TEE) include best imaging planes, diagnostic methods, diagnostic formulas, key diagnostic features, data on accuracy and prognosis, and alerts to potential pitfalls.
New to the Second Edition is a chapter on Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, new comparison tables and figure for findings from TTE and TEE, and additional color images. This practical guide comes with a companion website, which includes more than 375 echo video clips and the ability to search across the text.
- Concise, straightforward text with bullet points allows you to access key information at a glance—a great time-saver for the busy clinician.
- More than 260 oversized high-resolution TEE illustrations and 3D TTE and TEE figures help to display the anatomy at actual size to enhance diagnostic features.
- Companion website with searchable text and more than 375 echo video clips
- Specific applications address the use of echo in the pregnant patient, echo parameters of poor prognosis, echo parameters indicating surgical and non-surgical intervention, intraoperative echo, and follow-up.
- Informative text and tables with summary information for up-to-date appropriateness criteria (by ASE guidelines), diagnostic methods and criteria, diagnostic accuracy, disease stratification, prognostic indicators, parameters indicating surgical or non-surgical intervention, and follow-up.
- Practical content concentrating on information needed for daily or routine echocardiographic performance and interpretation.
- This practical guide is the ideal reference to use when preparing for the echo boards, or as a practical tool for teaching/speaker conferences
Selected as one of “The 2005 Great Books in Cardiology” by The American Journal of Cardiology®
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!