- Douglas O. Faigel, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA
- David R. Cave, MD, PHD, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Brighton, MA, USA
This very first comprehensive resource on capsule endoscopy clearly explains everything you need to know about video capsule endoscopy. It will help you efficiently and effectively diagnose hard to pinpoint GI conditions, including obscure GI bleeding, malabsorption, chronic abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Abundantly illustrated, this unique resource features clinical guidelines and authoritative guidance from expert contributors to ensure you understand every nuance of capsule endoscopy—from how the capsule works to setting up your own suite to the use of capsule endoscopy for each part of the small intestine to non-small bowel indications.
- Includes more than 900 images and videos—including relevant pathology slides—of all conditions that can be identified using a capsule endoscope so you can make the best informed diagnosis.
- Presents detailed discussions on preparation, techniques, indications, precautions, contraindications, diagnostic checklists, further testing suggestions, and billing guidelines to help you confidently handle everything you might encounter in clinical practice.
- Examines the developing indications for the technique to prepare you for the widespread use of the procedure in the near future.
- Uses a tightly focused, consistently organized format, ensuring you get all the information you need without the repetition you don’t want.
- Offers a DVD of procedural video clips that provide context and clinical relevancy to static images and enhances interpretation.
- Features a downloadable image bank that lets you create electronic presentation.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!