- Karen Scott, RN, RM, Cert CT, BNurs, GradDip T&D, MEd, Faculty Director, Community Services, Children’s Services and Health, Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE, Brisbane, Queensland
- Margaret Webb, RN, RM, BNurs, GradDip FET, MEd (AWE), Grad Cert TESOL, AdvDip Bus Man, Member, Royal College of Nursing Association; Head of School – Health Services, Health Sciences, Southbank Institute of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland
- Sheila A. Sorrentino, PhD, RN, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ
Long Term Caring, 2nd Edition: Residential, home and community aged care is written in a clear, uncomplicated style, ideal for students with English as a second language.
The second edition incorporates New Zealand aged care content throughout. It also boasts a stronger practical focus with more interactive exercises for aged care and nursing students to apply in clinical settings.
Both helpful and timely this carer’s resource includes dedicated sections on working in the long term care environment, protecting the person being cared for, and assisting with daily living and with specific care needs such as dementia and mental health issues.
This excellent health textbook is supported by an impressive and highly-competitive Evolve package with an eBook and suite of resources for both instructor and student.
New to This Edition
- addresses the new national Aged Care Training package requirements
- a cross-referenced grid aligning chapters to key competencies
- New Zealand content integrated throughout
- updated chapters on anatomy and physiology, wound care and practical components of care according to evidence-based practice
- Evolve package featuring an eBook, case studies, videos, web links and more
- pullout boxes providing increased focus on cultural dimensions
- boxes highlighting considerations for caring for people with dementia
- informational boxes focusing on promoting quality of life
- safety alerts outlining safety issues in aged care
- procedures boxes listing step-by-step methods
- delegation guidelines describing information required before performing and reporting a procedure
- summary review questions at the end of each chapter
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!