- Dan L. Longo, MD,, Lecturer, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Senior Physician, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Deputy Editor, New England Journal of Medicine, Boston, MA, Adjunct Investigator, National Institute of Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Dennis L. Kasper, MD, William Ellery Channing Professor of Medicine, Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Director, Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD, Robert G. Dunlap Professor of Medicine, Dean, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Executive Vice-President of the University of, Pennsylvania for the Health System, Philadelphia, PA
- Anthony S. Fauci, MD, Chief, Laboratory of Immunoregulation, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious, Diseases, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD
- Stephen L. Hauser, MD, Robert A. Fishman Distinguished Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD, Hersey Professor of the Theory and Practice of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Chairman,Department of Medicine, Physician-in-Chief, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
The most trusted textbook in medicine — featuring the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD with 57 additional chapters and exclusive video and tutorials
Now presented in TWO VOLUMES
As reviwed by JAMA:
“With the 18th edition, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine retains its standing as a definitive clinical reference and remains an outstanding foundation for any physician or physician-in-training. In many regards,Harrison’s remains synonymous not just with internal medicine but with medicine in general. The editors of the 18th edition have skillfully balanced tradition with the desire and need for innovation. The result is a book that remains as fundamental to current medical practice as the first edition was in 1949.”
Extensively revised and expanded by the world’s leading physicians,Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 18e continues to set the standard as the pinnacle of current medical knowledge and practice, offering the definitive review of disease mechanisms and management.
All chapters have been completely updated to reflect the latest knowledge and evidence, and important new chapters have been added, including: “Systems Biology in Health and Disease,” “The Human Microbiome,” “The Biology of Aging,” and “Neuropsychiatric Illnesses in War Veterans.”
Harrison’s covers more global aspects of medicine than any other textbook, and features such chapters as “Global Issues in Medicine,” by Jim Yong Kim, Paul Farmer, and Joseph Rhatigan, and new to the 18th edition, “Primary Care in Low and Middle Income Countries.”
No other resource delivers coverage of disease mechanisms and management like Harrison’s, including world-renowned chapters on HIV/AIDS, STEMI and non-STEMI myocardial infarction, cancer biology, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes.
The Harrison’s Multi-Media DVD— Better Than Ever!
The Harrison’s DVD has been expanded to include an extensive video demonstration of the neurological physical examination, and video tutorials on how to perform essential clinical procedures, including:
- Abdominal Paracentesis
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Central Venous Catheter Placement
57 additional chapters and more than 2,000 images make the companion DVD an essential part of every physician’s education, practice, and lifelong learning.The DVD also features PowerPoint presentations from fifty chapters to facilitate classroom lectures, and a free trial subscription to AccessMedicine.com (including Harrison’s Online).
Harrison’s 18e is proud to present a tribute to longtime editor, Eugene Braunwald, MD for his outstanding and continuing contributions to medical knowledge and practice.
Original PDF format
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!