- Nihal Thomas, MD MNAMS DNB (Endo), FRACP , (Endo), FRCP (Edin), Professor and Head, Department , of Endocrinology, Diabetes and , Metabolism, Christian Medical , College, Vellore, India
- Kanakamani Jeyaraman, MD, DM (Endo), DNB (Endo) , Associate Professor, Department , of Endocrinology, Diabetes and , Metabolism, Christian Medical , College, Vellore, India
- Asha HS, DNB (Med), DNB (Endo), Assistant Professor, Department , of Endocrinology, Diabetes and , Metabolism, Christian Medical , College, Vellore, India
- Jachin Velavan, MBBS, DNB (Fam Med), MRCGP (Int), Coordinator, Department of , Distance Medical Education , Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
- Senthil Vasan, MBBS PhD Fellow, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institut, Stockholm, Sweden
The Sixth Edition of “A Practical Guide to Diabetes Mellitus” offers a unique combination of rigorous pathophysiology with very practical approaches to diabetes prevention and control. This outstanding textbook will equip a cadre of doctors and other health care professionals to deliver high quality care to vulnerable populations around India and far beyond. Based on research as well as clinical practice, the text describes diabetes in relation to physiology, ocular, cardiovascular, neuropathy, pregnancy, emergencies, childhood diabetes, etc. Each chapter beings with a brief outline of the disease concerned followed by introduction, definition/terminology, classification, treatment, conclusion and ending with set of question for self-assessment. Covers step wise images describes insulin administration in subcutaneous and using pen devices in the chapter: Insulin therapy: practical aspects. Feet, Footcare and Neuroarthropathy chapter deals with etiology and pathophysiology and is divided into three parts: Ulceration, Neuroarthropathy and Peripheral Artery Occlusive(PAD) diseases. Infection in diabetes chapter focuses on infection related to head and neck, genitourinary, skin and soft tissue, pulmonology and abdominal. Recent advances includes application of new drugs like Taspoglutide, Albiglutide, Lixisenatide, Newer DPP-IV inhibitors, along with new insulin receptor activators, PPAR agonists, new hepatic targets for glycemic control in diabetes. This book contains more than 300 coloured images and illustrations, 40 clinical cases, 50 questions for quick revision along with answers to the self-assessments question given at the end of book.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!