- Curtis D. Klaassen, PhD, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, The University of Kansas
The most trusted all-in-one overview of the biomedical and environmental aspects of toxicology–NOW more complete, up-to-date, and in full color
The world’s leading and most authoritative textbook on poisons has more to offer students,toxicologists, and pharmacologists than ever before. Now in full color, and thoroughly revised, the eighth edition ofCasarett & Doull’s TOXICOLOGY: The Basic Science of Poisons not only delivers a comprehensive review of the essential components of toxicology, it offers the most up-to-date, revealing, and in-depth look at the systemic responses of toxic substance available anywhere.
Combined with the latest thinking by the field’s foremost scholars plus solid coverage of general principles, modes of action, and chemical-specific toxicity, this landmark text continues to set the standard for toxicology references.
NEW to the Eighth Edition
- FULL-COLOR design to allow for a clearer interpretation of the basic components of toxicology featured throughout the text
- EXPANDED tables, illustrations, and other visuals are updated with state-of-the-art standards that makes this edition even more current and relevant
- DVD with image bank features all tables and illustrations from the text in presentation-ready format
- NEW CHAPTERS include “Toxic Effects of Calories” and “Toxic Effects of Nanoparticles”
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!