- Jay S. Keystone MD, MSc (CTM), FRCPC, Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto, Senior Staff physician, Tropical Disease Unit, Toronto General Hospital;, Director, Medisys Travel Health clinic, Toronto, ON, Canada
- David O. Freedman MD, Professor, Director, UAB Travelers Health Clinic, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
- Phyllis E. Kozarsky MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Co-Director Tropical and Travel Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Bradley A. Connor MD, Clinical Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Medical Director, The New York Center for Travel and Tropical Medicine, New York, NY, USA
- Hans D. Nothdurft MD, Professor, Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Head, University Travel Clinic, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Travel Medicine, 3rd Edition, by Dr. Jay S. Keystone, Dr. Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Dr. David O. Freedman, Dr. Hans D. Nothdruft, and Dr. Bradley A. Connor, prepares you and your patients for any travel-related illness they may encounter. Consult this one-stop resource for best practices on everything from immunizations and pre-travel advice to essential post-travel screening. From domestic cruises to far-flung destinations, this highly regarded guide offers a wealth of practical guidance on all aspects of travel medicine.
New to This Edition
- Effectively protect your patients before they travel with new information on immunizations and emerging and re-emerging disease strains, including traveler’s thrombosis.
- Update your knowledge of remote destinations and the unique perils they present.
- Stay abreast of best practices for key patient populations, with new chapters on the migrant patient, humanitarian aid workers, medical tourism, and mass gatherings, as well as updated information on pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Benefit from the advice of international experts on the full range of travel-related illnesses, including cruise travel, bird flu, SARS, traveler’s diarrhea, malaria, environmental problems, and much more.
- Prepare for the travel medicine examination with convenient cross references for the ISTM “body of knowledge” to specific chapters and/or passages in the book.
- Search the complete text and download images at expertconsult.com.
Original PDF format
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!