- David A. Farcy, MD, FAAEM, FACEP, FCCM, Medical Director of Surgical Intensivist Program, Director of Emergency Department Critical Care, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami, Florida
- Michael C. Chiu, MD, FACS, FCCM, Associate Professor of Surgery, Director, Fellowship Programs in Surgical, Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery, R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Alex Flaxman, MD, MSE, Director, Emergency Medicine Critical Care, Emergency and Critical Care Attending, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, Patterson, New Jersey, Attending Intensivist, Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates, Inc., Staff Intensivist, Upper Allegheny Health System, Olean, New York
- John P. Marshall, MD, FACEP, Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York
The first comprehensive text on critical care emergency medicine
“…goes a long way toward establishing emergency physicians as credible intensivists….The book is unique as it blends the perspective of a true intensivist with that of emergency medicine. The book is the fi rst of its kind, and I predict it will become known as the standard reference for those emergency physicians, as well as others, who wish to understand the overlap between emergency medicine and critical care.”–Thomas M. Scalea, MD, FACS, FCCM, R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center and University of Maryland School of Medicine (from the foreword)
Critical Care Emergency Medicine is destined to become the standard reference for all clinicians who wish to understand the overlap between emergency medicine and critical care. Written by experienced emergency physicians and intensivists, the book is unique in incorporating both perspectives into the practice of emergency medicine and critical care.
Critical Care Emergency Medicine teaches emergency physicians everything they must know and do to better care for critically ill patients in an emergency department or to provide care in an ICU. Enhanced by numerous algorithms that speed decision making and full-color illustrations demonstrating anatomy and technique, this book is an essential practice tool.
Critical Care Emergency Medicine delivers expert guidance on managing:
- Airway and Ventilatory Support
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Gastrointestinal and Renal Disorders
- Neurologic and Neurosurgical Disorders
- Hematologic and Endocrine Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Toxicologic Disorders
You will also find important information on the use of ultrasound, fluid management, nutritional support, pediatric considerations, patient transportation, and end-of-life issues.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!