- Kenneth A. Wyka, MS, RRT, AE-C, FAARC, Center Manager and Respiratory Care Patient Coordinator, Anthem Health Services, Queensbury, New York and Healthcare Consultant, Lake George, New York
- Paul J. Mathews, PhD, RRT, FCCM, FCCP, FAARC, Associate Professor, School of Allied Health, Department of Respiratory Care Education, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, Honorary Professor University of Costa Rica, , San Jose Costa Rica, Honorary Professor National University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City Peoples Republic of Vietnam
- John A. Rutkowski, MPA, MBA, FACHE, RRT, Director Cardiorespiratory Services, Bergen Regional Medical Center, Paramus, New Jersey, Adjunct Assistant Professor , University of Dentistry and Medicine of New Jersey , School of Health Related Professions, Newark, New Jersey
The field of respiratory care continues to change and grow. New research, therapies, and theories are continually emerging. FOUNDATIONS OF RESPIRATORY CARE, SECOND EDITION is written by leading authorities who have hands on, practical knowledge of the latest innovations and applications for care. Chapters cover timely topics such as the increasing population of elderly patients and the need for managing mass casualty incidents and disasters. Difficult topic areas such as interpretation of ventilator graphics, pharmacology, and hemodynamics are presented in a manner that allows for ease of comprehension and application of the concepts. The education of respiratory therapists is moving toward a problem-based learning model. FOUNDATIONS OF RESPIRATORY CARE, SECOND EDITION captures that model through the integration of case studies throughout the reading to reinforce and fine tune problem solving and decision-making skills. The most current AARC clinical practice guidelines are referenced throughout to once again help bridge that gap between classroom and real world application of concepts.
- BEST PRACTICES: Best Practices point out the best method or technique for performing a particular procedure.
- SPOTLIGHTS: Spotlights identify new equipment or procedures relevant to the subject.
- AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: Age Specific Competencies discuss the variations in care delivery based upon the age of the patient.
- CASE STUDIES: Case studies illustrate concepts or applications of respiratory care.
New to this Edition
- NEW MATERIAL: New material on mechanical ventilation and ventilatory modes, including importance of ventilatory waveforms.
- EQUIPMENT UPDATE: Thorough update on new equipment and procedures relating to oxygen and aerosol delivery both in the acute care setting and home environment.
- EXPANDED CHAPTERS: Expanded chapter on sleep related breathing disorders focusing on diagnostic testing, modes of treatment, and patient compliance involving positive airway pressure therapy.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!