- Terry Des Jardins, MEd, RRT, Professor Emeritus , Former Director , Department of Respiratory Care , Parkland College , Champaign, Illinois, Faculty/Staff Member , University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
Now in its 6th edition, the best-selling text, CARDIOPULMONARY ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY, equips students with a rock-solid foundation in anatomy and physiology to help prepare them for careers as respiratory therapists. Extremely reader friendly, this proven, innovative text delivers the most complete and accurate information about the structure and function of the respiratory system in an approachable manner. Clear and concise, it presents complicated concepts in an easy-to-read, understandable format utilizing a full color design and strong pedagogy, so that students can readily apply what they learn when they graduate and start their professional careers. Newly integrated throughout the text, Clinical Connections provide direct links between chapter concepts and real-world applications in the clinical setting. New and redrawn full color illustrations provide the level of detail necessary to facilitate understanding of core concepts.
- Popular with students and instructors alike, this proven textbook breaks down complex information into logical “chunks” that help students effectively visualize and thoroughly understand concepts.
- Extremely student friendly, the text is packed with hundreds of vibrant, fullcolor illustrations.
- Endofchapter clinical application cases enhance teaching, stimulate discussion, and challenge students to apply their new knowledge to realworld practice.
- Detailed objectives at the start of each chapter help students stay focused on key concepts, while endofchapter review questions reinforce learning, and case studies enable readers to put what they have learned into action.
- Essential equations are included inside the front and back covers for easy reference.
New to this Edition
- Over 120 new Clinical Connections spark lively classroom discussions and help clarify key cardiopulmonary concepts.
- Over 50 illustrations have been thoroughly revised and updated for quality and clarity purposes in order to enhance student understanding of the structure and function of the cardiopulmonary system.
- All chapters have been thoroughly reviewed and revised to reflect the latest developments and practices from the field, including new and expanded content related to structures of the oral cavity and the nose, the mechanisms of pulmonary ventilation, lung volumes and capacities, Dalton’s law, the components of blood, and the control of ventilation, among other topics.
- An updated design and layout help ensure figures and tables appear as close to relevant intext discussions as possible for enhanced understanding of content.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!