- Mark V. Williams, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief, Division of Hospital Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL;
- Scott A. Flanders, MD, Associate Professor, Director, Hospitalist Program, Associate Director, Inpatient Programs, Department of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI;
- Winthrop Whitcomb, MD, Director of Clinical Performance Improvement, Mercy Medical Center, Springfield, MA; Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA;
- Steven Cohn, MD, FACP, Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine, Director, Medical Consultation Service, Clinical Professor of Medicine, SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, NY;
- Frank Michota, MD, Head, Section of Hospital Medicine, Director, Hospital Medicine Fellowship, Associate Director, Internal Medicine Residency, Department of General Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH;
- Russell Holman, MD, Chief Operating Officer and National Medical Director, Cogent Healthcare, Nashville, TN;
- Richard Gross, MD, Chief, Division of Internal and Hospital Medicine, Professor of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL;
- Geno J. Merli, MD, FACP, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
In the exciting and growing field of hospital medicine, you’re as concerned with the efficient management of your unit as you are the effective care of your patients. This multimedia Expert Consult title is your ideal new clinical reference on both counts…in print and online! Nationally recognized experts equip you with practical, actionable guidance on all of the challenges you face every day—making it easier for you to provide optimal care for every patient.
- Access to the entire contents of this Expert Consult title online permits speedy consultation from any computer with an Internet connection.
- State-of-the-art, evidence-based, hospital-focused guidelines on clinical assessment, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and discharge/follow-up planning help you to effectively manage all of the key disorders in every body system.
- 20 chapters focused on peri-operative care assist you in navigating this increasingly important component of hospital medicine practice.
- Expert advice on systems issues explores how to establish and enhance a hospitalist program, provide leadership, manage patient transitions of care, establish a teamwork model with hospital staff, promote patient safety and staff performance improvement, standardize care, and navigate legal and ethical concerns.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!