- Jordi Rello, Critical Care Department, Vall d’Hebron University Hospital, Ps. Vall d’Hebron 119-129, Anexe AG-5a planta, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
- Jeffrey Lipman, Critical Care and Anaesthesiology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Herston Road, 4029 Herston, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Thiago Lisboa, MD, Critical Care Department and Infection, Control Committee, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil, Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Santa Rita, Rede Institucional, de Pesquisa e Inovação em Medicina, Intensiva (RIPIMI), Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa, Porto Alegre, Brazil
This book is unique in approaching multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) from the perspective of its pathophysiological mechanism, and addressing aspects that are overlooked in most of the available literature. Eminent experts in the field from Europe and beyond offer new insights into risk stratification, severity assessment, and management of critically ill patients with sepsis. The principal focus is on recently developed concepts in infection management and in antibiotic use, bearing in mind that in these patients the pharmacokinetics of antibiotics are altered, affecting renal clearance and requiring dosage adjustments. The significance of the PIRO (predisposing factors, infection, response, organ dysfunction) model in the development of effective treatment strategies is emphasized. This book will be of interest and value to all who are involved in the treatment of, or research into, sepsis and MODS.
- Offers many new insights into risk stratification, severity assessment and management of critically ill patients with sepsis
- Approaches multiple organ dysfunction syndrome (MODS) from the perspective of its pathophysiological mechanism and addresses aspects often overlooked in the literature
- Explores the significance of the PIRO model in the development of effective treatment strategies
- Written by eminent experts from Europe and beyond
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!