- Douglas S. Gardenhire, EdD(c), RRT-NPS, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
With an approach to learning as progressive as its content, Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 8th Edition simplifies the process of learning challenging pharmacology material like never before. Rau’s effective approach uses broken-down terminology, relatable explanations, reader-friendly writing, and additional workbook guidance to help you easily master the text’s cutting-edge content – which includes the latest terms, pronunciations, in-depth sleep pharmacology, reality-based case studies, and SOAP assessment opportunities. Plus, the online interactive flashcards and audio pronunciation glossary offer additional learning formats tailored to your digital preferences.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Chapter on sleep and sleep pharmacology keeps you at the forefront of this growing issue in respiratory care.
- NEW! Online interactive flashcard program on Evolve features the most common respiratory care drugs mentioned in the book and includes:
- Generic name/trade name
- Mechanism of action
- Indications and dosage
- Side effects
- NEW! Appendix provides a variety of lists and tables to prepare you for exams and professional practice.
- List of the most commonly prescribed respiratory medications and acceptable mixtures of each
- Units and System Measurements section with the common units of drug measurements and conversion charts for temperature, liquid and solid forms, and drug estimation times and body weight estimations
- NEW! Audio glossary of pharmacology terms on Evolve helps you master pronunciation and improve term recall.
- Improved readability makes it easier for you to grasp difficult material.
- Expanded! Key terms and definitions include over 275 terms with pronunciations.
- Companion workbook offers a wide range of activities that help you apply knowledge gained from the core text and break down more difficult concepts beyond NBRC style multiple-choice questions.
- Clinical Scenarios with follow-up SOAP assessment provide you with a reality-based patient case study and an opportunity to indicate standardized treatment.
- Inside back cover offers a quick-reference list of the most commonly used abbreviations in pharmacology with full application.
- Full-color format draws out special features and creates a more reader-friendly text.
- Glossary aids your comprehension of pharmacology terminology.
- Learning objectives parallel the recall, analysis, and application levels tested on the NBRC exam to prepare you for credentialing.
- Key terms with definitions enable you to quickly master essential terminology.
- Key Points boxes guide you in preparing for tests by identifying the most important concepts in each chapter.
- Self-assessment questions allow you to test yourself on key information within the chapter.
- Student Resources on Evolve, including an audio glossary and electronic flashcards, provide opportunities to hone your understanding of respiratory pharmacology concepts.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!