- David X. Cifu, MD Chairman and Herman J. Flax, MD Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University, National Director of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Veterans Health Administration, Executive Director of the Center for Rehabilitation Sciences and Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University and the author of the forthcomingOvercoming Post-Deployment Syndrome to be published by Demos Health.
- Deborah Caruso, MD clinical instructor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ralph Buschbacher, MD, Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine / Rehabilitation, Indiana University
Practitioners today see increasing numbers of brain injuries across the country and around the glozbe. The causes run the gamut of human endeavor, from frailty associated with aging, military activity, sports, and motor vehicle accidents of all kinds. With a growing awareness of the effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and the need for early intervention to ameliorate these effects and improve patient outcomes have come demand for practical information for clinicians on the “frontlines.”
Designed for the busy practitioner Traumatic Brain Injury: Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Reference is a handy reference providing quick answers when diagnosing and treating traumatic brain injuries at every level. One hundred alphabetically listed topics are presented in a consistent two-page format for easy access to key information at a glance. The book covers assessment, diagnostic testing, and the full spectrum of brain injury conditions, sequelae, and interventions commonly associated with TBI and expected functional outcomes.
Specialized areas of TBI care are alos included for unique patient populations, such as sports or military injury, and conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder or neuroendocrine disorder, that may be seen by providers in other settings.
Every entry is standardized for quick look-up in the office or clinic, and features description, etiology, risk factors, clinical features, natural history, diagnosis, red flags, treatment, prognosis, helpful hints, and suggested readings. All Rehabilitation Medicine Quick Referencetitles offer:
- Consistent Approach and Organization: at-a-glance outline format allows readers to find the facts quickly
- Concise Coverage: of must-know information broken down into easy-to-locate topics
- Fast Answers to Clinical Questions: diagnostic and management criteria for problems commonly encountered in daily practice
- Hands-on Practical Guidance: for all types of interventions and therapies
- Multi-Specialty Perspective: ensures that issues of relevance to all rehabilitation team members are addressed
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!