- Michel T. Torbey MD MPH FAHA Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Medical Director, Neurovascular Stroke Center, and Director, Cerebrovascular and Neurocritical Care Division, Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA.
- Magdy H. Selim MD PhD Associate Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School and Co-Director, Stroke Center and Vascular Neurology Fellowship Training Program, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA.
Designed for use by busy professionals who need quick answers, this revised and updated second edition of The Stroke Book is a concise and practical reference for anyone involved in managing critically ill cerebrovascular patients. • Covers a wide range of common conditions such as ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes, subarachnoid hemorrhages and intracranial aneurysms • Provides focused protocols for assessing and treating stroke patients in the emergency room, intensive care unit or general hospital setting • A new chapter summarizes key clinical trials for stroke therapies • User-friendly format • Packed with algorithms, tables and summary boxes for immediate access to key information • A color plate section illustrates key pathology and diagnostic imaging Written by experienced contributors from leading stroke centers, this is an essential companion for navigating stroke-related clinical situations successfully and making informed decisions about treatment.
- Algorithms, tables and summary boxes give immediate easy access to recommended management strategies
- A color plate section illustrates key pathology and diagnostic imaging
- The results of major clinical trials are summarized, facilitating evidence-supported practice
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!