- Marc van de Velde, Professor of Anesthesiology and Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology, Catholic University of Leuven and University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium.
- Helen Scholefield, Consultant Obstetrician and Clinical Director of Maternity Services, Liverpool Women’s Hospital, UK.
- Lauren A. Plante, Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Associate Professor, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Anesthesiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
If you are an obstetrician whose patient has been admitted to ICU, you need to know how she is managed there. If you are an intensivist, you need to adapt to changes in physiology, alter techniques for the pregnant patient and keep the fetus from harm. This book addresses the challenges of managing critically ill obstetric patients by providing a truly multidisciplinary perspective. Almost every chapter is co-authored by both an intensivist/anesthesiologist and an obstetrician/maternal-fetal medicine expert to ensure that the clinical guidance reflects best practice in both specialties. Topics range from the purely medical to the organizational and the sociocultural, and each chapter is enhanced with color images, tables and algorithms. Written and edited by leading experts in anesthesiology, critical care medicine, maternal-fetal medicine, and obstetrics and gynecology, this is an important resource for anyone who deals with critically ill pregnant or postpartum patients.
- Unprecedented collaboration between anesthesiologists, intensivists, obstetricians and maternal-fetal medicine experts acknowledges and addresses the concerns of each of these specialties and the challenges of managing seriously or critically ill obstetric patients
- Provides an international perspective, with each chapter co-authored by experts from different regions of the world
- Algorithms, images and tables ensure that information can be quickly assimilated by the reader
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!