- Rajesh Pahwa MD is a clinician and Laverne and Joyce Rider Professor of Neurology and Director of the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center, University of Kansas Medical Center.
- Kelly E Lyons PhD is Director of Research and Education at the Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorder Center, University of Kansas Medical Center.
This volume has long prevailed as one of the leading resources on Parkinson’s disease (PD). Fully updated with practical and engaging chapters on pathology, neurochemistry, etiology, and breakthrough research, this source spans every essential topic related to the identification, assessment, and treatment of PD.
Reflecting the many advances that have taken place in the management of PD, this volume promotes a multidisciplinary approach to care and supplies new sections on the latest pharmacologic, surgical, and rehabilitative therapies, as well as essential diagnostic, imaging, and nonmotor management strategies.
New to this edition:
- Early identification of premotor symptoms
- Potential disease modification agents
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Offers a comprehensive overview of the clinical presentation, pathology, neurochemistry, etiology, and control of Parkinson’s disease
- Presents an integrated approach to the management of Parkinsonian symptoms
- Guides readers through the most recent neuropsychological and neuroimaging techniques to enhance diagnostic accuracy
- Includes hundreds of field-specific references and discussions on new therapies, treatment methods, and current research findings
- Helps to enhance patient quality of life with expert analyses of emerging medications, surgical procedures, rehabilitation strategies, genetic studies, and advances in diagnostic imaging
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!