- Andrea Gabrielli MD, FCCM Professor of Anesthesiology and Surgery, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Section Head, NeuroCritical Care, University of Florida College of Medicine; Medical Director, Cardiopulmonary Service and Hyperbaric Medicine, Shands Hospital at th
- A. Joseph Layon MD, FACS Professor of Anesthesiology, Surgery, and Medicine, Chief, Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine; Medical Director, Surgical Critical Care, Shands Hospital at the University of Florida; Medical Director
- Mihae Yu MD, FACS Professor of Surgery, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine; Vice Chair of Education, University of Hawaii Surgical Residency Program; Program Director of Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Program, Director of Surgical Intensi
Based on a best-selling reference in critical care medicine, Civetta, Taylor, & Kirby’s Manual of Critical Care delivers in a portable, softcover format the information necessary to make sound clinical decisions in the ICU.
The Manual begins with crucial guidance to help readers respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies in the ICU, then proceeds to cover the most relevant clinical information in all areas of critical care including critical care monitoring, techniques and procedures, essential physiologic concerns, shock states, pharmacology, surgical critical care, and infectious diseases.
What makes the Manual so invaluable?
- Reviews of diseases by organ system address the essentials of treating cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disorders, neurologic and gastrointestinal disorders, renal, endocrine, skin and muscle diseases, and hematologic/ oncologic diseases.
- Focus on decision-making emphasizes only the most clinically relevant material.
- Reader-friendly style includes generous use of tables and bulleted lists to make key facts easy to locate and remember.
- Full-color art format enhances visual learning.
- Portable size makes the Manual easy to take on rounds, and perfect for a quick consult.
Look at all that’s new!
- NEW section on pharmacology
- NEW section on shock states
- NEW updated resuscitative algorithms
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!