- Philip Rubin MD Professor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Radiation Oncology, James P. Wilmot Cancer Center, Former Associate Director of Cancer Center, Senior Associate in Surgery and Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- John T Hansen PhD Professor and Associate Dean for Admissions, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
The Second Edition of TNM Staging Atlas with 3D Oncoanatomy has been updated to include all new cancer staging information from the Seventh Edition of the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. The atlas presents cancer staging in a highly visual rapid-reference format, with clear full-color diagrams and TNM stages by organ site. The illustrations—some original and some derived from Grant’s Atlas of Anatomy—are three-dimensional, three-planar cross-sectional presentations of primary anatomy and regional nodal anatomy. They show the anatomic features identifiable on physical and/or radiologic examination and the anatomic extent of cancer spread which is the basis for staging.
A color code indicates the spectrum of cancer progression at primary sites (T) and lymph node regions (N). The text then rapidly reviews metastatic spread patterns and their incidence.
For this edition, CT or MRI images have been added to all site-specific chapters to further detail cancer spread and help plan treatment. Staging charts have been updated to reflect changes in AJCC guidelines, and survival curves from AJCC have been added to site-specific chapters.
- NEW: CT or MRI images added to all site-specific chapters (approximately 54 in all) to further detail cancer spread and help plan treatment
- NEW: Figure 2′s (staging charts) updated to reflect changes in new AJCC guidelines
- NEW: New coronal or sagittal image added to first page of each chapter (figure 1′s)
- NEW: Survival curves from AJCC added to site-specific chapters (approx. 54)
- NEW: Updated to include all new staging information from the Seventh Edition of the AJCC Staging Manual
- A unifying feature of this Atlas is a color code that portrays the spectrum of cancer progression at primary sites (T), lymph node regions (N), and of stage grouping
- A visual reference with clear color diagrams and TNM stages by organ site to augment the verbal detailed anatomic descriptions at the beginning of each chapter
- Each cancer site is introduced by an introductory diagram of anatomic features identifiable on physical and/or radiographic examination. The anatomic extent of cancer spread is the basis for cancer classification and staging.
- Each page has a graphic illustration with correlative text to reduce page turning and flipping.
- Organization is based on three-dimensional, three-planar cross-sectional presentations of the regional anatomy. Many diagrams are referenced to Grant’s Atlas of Anatomy.
- The histologic sections presented are from Eroschenko, diFiore’s Atlas of Histology with Functional Correlations and Gartner, Color Atlas of Histology.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!