- Karl von Koerber
- Hubert Hohler
Did you ever wonder how fresh tomatoes and strawberries appear on your supermarket shelves in the middle of winter? Clearly, they have been grown, processed, and preserved in ways that we are only dimly aware of. Yet, it is crucially important, not only for your own and your familys health but also for the sustainability of the entire natural environment, that we know the facts about where our food comes from and how it gets to our table. And how each of us as individuals can play a role in increasing the health and well-being of the planet we live in.
Learn how to get started in this simple, informative guide, supported by UNESCO, the United Nations, and a wide range of sustainability experts!
- The four dimensions of sustainable eating: healthy diet, harmony with the environment, social cooperation, and a fair economy
- 130 easy-to-follow recipes for cooking sustainably — stressing fresh, seasonal foods that are not only nutritious and tasty but also support the income of local farmers and producers
- Tips for preparation and cooking that preserve the flavor and nutritional value of our foods
- Delicious, sustainable meals for meat-eaters and non-vegetarians
- Important facts about organically grown foods
- Pointers for achieving sustainability in everyday life switching to green energy; handling packaging, waste, and trash; saving energy in the kitchen; and more!
Complete with luscious photographs, The Joy of Sustainable Eating demonstrates the tremendous benefits of healthy, conscious, close-to-the-source eating without sacrificing the pleasures of good food.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!