- Mike Macintosh RGN, BA (HONS) MMEDSC Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sheffield
- Tracey Moore BSc(Hons) MSC PGDIP (E D) RGN Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sheffield; and Vice Chair of the National Critical Care Outreach Forum (NORF)
As more critically ill patients are cared for on acute general wards rather than in ICUs, many nurses are having to cope with the particular problems of very sick patients without the specialist knowledge of an ICU trained nurse. This book considers the key issues surrounding the critical patient’s care in the acute general hospital. The anatomy and physiology of each body system is explored, looking at the major associated conditions and illnesses and how the patient is assessed and monitored.
- Emphasizes clinical knowledge and skills
- Illustrated throughout with diagrams, tables, and line drawings
- Explains when and how to use specialist equipment
- Includes up-to-date research on which to base practice
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!