- Robert J Siegel MD Professor of Medicine, Director, Cardiac Noninvasive Laboratory, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- Swaminatha V Gurudevan MD Cardiologist, Division of Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- Takahiro Shiota MD Associate Director, Cardiac Noninvasive Laboratory, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- Kirsten Tolstrup MD Assistant Director, Cardiac Noninvasive Laboratory, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
- Nina Wunderlich MD Co-Director, CardioVascular Center Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
- Roy Beigel MD The Leviev Heart Center, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University; Tel Aviv, Israel; The Heart Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
Complex Cases in Echocardiography is a unique text written by a team of top cardiologists at Cedars Sinai Heart Institute. Drawing from their extensive library of echocardiograms, the authors feature 75 cases demonstrating uncommon and puzzling echo findings. Each case begins with a brief clinical presentation, and related images, followed by multiple-choice questions. Detailed answers include patient outcomes and follow-up recommendations. The cases include m-mode, 2-D, 3-D echo, TEE, and Doppler ultrasound. In addition, three fold-out matching quizzes present a particular physical finding or electrocardiogram to be matched with the patient’s corresponding echocardiogram.
With the inclusion of cases seen in emergency situations as well as routine readings in an echo laboratory, this text not only introduces the reader to unusual cases, but also reinforces relevant techniques and applications.. A companion website includes the fully searchable text and features additional cases, along with actual case video clips.
- Case-based format featuring 75 unusual and bizarre diagnostic dilemmas
- Questions and answers associated with each case
- 3 unique fold-out quizzes
- A companion website with fully searchable text and 45 additional cases
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!