- Timothy RJ Nicholson MBBS, BSc, MSc, MRCPsych, Honorary Specialist Registrar, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
- Donald RJ Singer BMedBiol, MD, FRCP, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, UK
Pocket Prescriber 2013 is a concise, up-to-date prescribing guide containing all the “must-have” information that junior doctors, nurse prescribers, and medical students need at their fingertips.
- A–Z list of the 500 most commonly prescribed drugs with each entry containing the key prescribing information
- Safety issues, warnings, drug errors, and adverse effects
- Practical guidance on drug selection, plus protocols and guidelines
- Advice and reference information for complicated prescriptions
- Concise management summaries for the common medical emergencies
- The new European Resuscitation Council algorithms
- Clinically useful reminders of basic pharmacology (e.g., receptor profiles)
- Focuses on safety issues, warnings, and common errors
- Provides concise summaries of the management of medical emergencies
- Gives up-to-the-minute national and, where possible, international protocols and guidelines concerning drug choice including ERC algorithms
- Provides reference information on complex drugs to prescribe such as insulin, anticoagulants, and diamorphine pumps
- Includes basic pharmacology
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!