- Anthony F T Brown MB ChB (Bristol), FRCP, FRCS (Edin), FACEM, FCEM, Associate Professor, Discipline of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Timothy RJ Nicholson MBBS, BSc, MSc, MRCPsych, Honorary Specialist Registrar, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK
- Donald RJ Singer BMedBiol, MD, FRCP, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, UK
Drug prescribing errors are a common cause of hospital admission, and adverse reactions can have devastating effects, some even fatal. Pocket Prescriber Emergency Medicine is a concise, up-to-date prescribing guide containing all the “must have” information on a vast range of drugs that staff from junior doctors to emergency nurses, nurse prescribers, paramedics and other pre-hospital providers may encounter in the emergency setting.
- A–Z list of over 500 of the most commonly prescribed drugs with each entry containing the key prescribing information
- Safety issues, warnings, drug errors and adverse effects
- Practical guidance on drug selection, plus protocols and resuscitation guidelines
- Advice and reference information for complicated prescriptions
- Concise management summaries for common medical and surgical emergencies
- Essential advice for pain relief—from acute pain management to procedural sedation
- Clinically useful reminders of key facts from basic pharmacology to acute poisoning syndromes
Pocket Prescriber Emergency Medicine supplies all your information needs concerning commonly prescribed drugs at a glance, enabling on-the-spot decision-making to provide the highest standard of care whilst mitigating prescribing errors.
- Provides concise summaries of the management of medical emergencies
- Discusses acute pain relief, procedural sedation, medicolegal essentials, and emergency room skills
- Presents a quick reference alphabetical listing of “need-to-know” drugs
- Emphasizes safety issues, warnings, and common errors
- Includes advice and reference information on prescribing complex drugs
- Covers national and, where possible, international protocols and guidelines concerning drug choice including ERC algorithms
- Features availability on mobile or handheld devices, with a wealth of additional information on www.lifeinthefastlane.com
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!