- Rob Butler, Consultant Cardiologist
- Mark Gunning, Consultant Cardiologist
- James Nolan, Consultant Cardiologist
The development of cardiac catheterization has proved to be a very significant step in the field of heart medicine. It is currently one of the most accurate tests in the diagnosis of coronary artery disease, offering speedy non-invasive diagnosis and rapid results without the need for a hospital stay.
This highly practical pocket reference provides invaluable advise on all aspects of the technique, including a description of the procedure and methods involved, its indications and, importantly, contraindications, and any likely complications. Important issues such as patient selection and consent, and use in special situations, are also considered.
Essential Cardiac Catheterization is an invaluable guide for the cardiologist and cardiac radiographer, in training and in practice, to be referred to often in the clinical setting.
- designed with the needs of the trainee in mind, starting from the basics in coronary pathology and pathophysiology
- provides a thorough grounding in the principles of the procedure and the techniques involved in cardiac catheterization
- includes helpful advice on how to best prepare the patient for optimal results
- shows the trainee how to deal with potentially fatal complications and emergencies in a calm and efficient manner
- presented in a handy pocket-sized format with attractive 2-colour design
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!