- Hagop M. Kantarjian, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chair, Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Robert A. Wolff, MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Charles A. Koller, MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
A hands-on desk reference for the practicing oncologist – from the leader in the field of cancer management
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
The MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology details the personalized multidisciplinary approach to cancer management pioneered by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. It is intended to bring a pragmatic approach to cancer management that can serve as a guide for oncologists around the world.
This completely updated second edition emphasizes and discusses recent developments in diagnostic procedures, which include the incorporation of new molecular markers and revised staging systems. It also reinforces how imaging and molecular profiling can prevent administration of overly aggressive, toxic treatment regimens, or invasive surgery to treat superficial or indolent tumors. Also new to the second edition are special commentaries provided by subspecialists in pulmonary medicine, radiation oncology, and surgery which discuss other perspectives on management.
To help you quickly assess cancer management options, every chapter includes numerous tables, diagrams, and imaging photographs. These include evidence-based treatment algorithms in the form of flowcharts and diagrams shaped by the clinical experience of MD Anderson’s world-class faculty. Everything is designed to provide you with a practical guide to diagnostic and therapeutic strategies used at MD Anderson.
The second edition also features important new chapters on key topics such as:
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms
- T-cell lymphomas
- Small bowel and appendiceal cancers
- Inflammatory breast cancer
Offering the perfect balance of narrative text, summary tables, and clinical photographs (many in full color), there is truly not a more accessible, up-to-date, or authoritative clinician’s guide to the medical management of patients with cancer and its complications than The MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!