- Joseph I. Sirven, MD, Professor of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- John M. Stern, MD, Associate Professor of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
The single-best resource available for learning how to perform and interpret video EEG
Companion DVD includes 110 seizure videos covering a full range of seizure types!
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
Atlas of Video-EEG Monitoring explains the essentials of video EEG for use in all settings. This full-color atlas thoroughly covers the basics of performing video EEG for diagnosis along with how to use video EEG for the diagnosis and interpretation of seizures and mimickers of seizures during treatment of epilepsy, in the emergency department, and in the intensive care unit.
- DVD contains videos linked to EEG patterns in the book—-allowing you to see each problem in real time
- Over 340 full-color images and EEGs
- Detailed overview of epileptic seizures, from simple partial seizures and primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures to epileptic spasms
- In-depth survey of seizure mimics, including psychogenic non-epileptic spells; panic spells; non-epileptic movements in coma; dissociative spells; movement disorders; sleep disorders; and syncope
- Thorough review of status epilepticus, including epilepsia partialis continua, and other syndromes
- Cutting-edge guidance on intracranial video-EEG monitoring, including placement and interpretation of grid/strip electrodes and depth electrodes
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!