- Amit Kaura, BSc(Hons) MB ChB , Academic Foundation Doctor, North Bristol NHS Trust; Honorary Research Fellow, School of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Crash Course – your effective everyday study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each volume has been fine-tuned to make your life easier. Especially written by junior doctors – those who understand what is essential for exam success – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert Faculty Advisers, the result is a series of books which exactly meets your needs and you know you can trust.
This essential new addition to the series clearly brings together the related disciplines of evidence-based medicine, statistics, critical appraisal and clinical audit – all so central to current study and to modern clinical practice. It starts with the basics that every student needs to know and continues into sufficient detail to satisfy anyone contemplating their own research studies. Excel in Student Selected Component (SSC) assessments and that dreaded evidence-based medicine and statistics exam! Ensure you know how to prepare the highest quality reports and maximize your chances of getting published.
If you are not sure:
- why you need to know the standard deviation of a sample
- when to use a case-control study and when a cohort study
- what to say to your patient who asks about the benefits and harms of a drug
- how to argue the case for the inclusion of a drug on the hospital formulary
- how to make audit and quality improvement work for you,
…then this groundbreaking book is for you! Answer these and hundreds of other questions and lay a foundation for your clinical practice that will inform every consultation over a lifetime in medicine.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!