- John Mendelsohn, MD, Professor, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Peter M. Howley, MD, Shattuck Professor of Pathological Anatomy, Department of Microbiology and Immunobiology, Division of Immunology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Mark A. Israel, MD, Director, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Professor of Pediatrics and Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire
- Joe W. Gray, PhD, Gordon Moore Professor and Chair, Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) Director, OHSU Center for Spatial Systems Biomedicine, Portland, Oregon; Emeritus Professor, UCSF, and Visiting Faculty, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California
- Craig B. Thompson, MD, President and CEO, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
The Molecular Basis of Cancer arms you with the latest knowledge and cutting-edge advances in the battle against cancer. This thoroughly revised, comprehensive oncology reference explores the scientific basis for our current understanding of malignant transformation and the pathogenesis and treatment of this disease. A team of leading experts thoroughly explains the molecular biologic principles that underlie the diagnostic tests and therapeutic interventions now being used in clinical trials and practice. Detailed descriptions of topics from molecular abnormalities in common cancers to new approaches for cancer therapy equip you to understand and apply the complexities of ongoing research in everyday clinical application.
New to This Edition
- Stay current with the latest discoveries in molecular and genomic research. Sweeping revisions throughout include eight brand-new chapters on: Tumor Suppressor Genes; Inflammation and Cancer; Cancer Systems Biology: The Future; Biomarkers Assessing Risk of Cancer; Understanding and Using Information About Cancer Genomes; The Technology of Analyzing Nucleic Acids in Cancer; Molecular Abnormalities in Kidney Cancer; and Molecular Pathology.
- Access the entire text and illustrations online, fully searchable, at Expert Consult.
- Effectively determine the course of malignancy and design appropriate treatment protocols by understanding the scientific underpinnings of cancer.
- Visually grasp and retain difficult concepts easily thanks to a user-friendly format with abundant full-color figures.
- Find critical information quickly with chapters following a logical sequence that moves from pathogenesis to therapy.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!