- Jawad Ahmad (Editor),
- Scott L. Friedman (Editor),
- Henryk Dancygier (Editor)
Mount Sinai Expert Guides: Hepatology will provide gastroenterology and hepatology trainees with an extremely clinical and accessible handbook covering the major liver diseases and symptoms, their diagnosis and clinical management.
Perfect as a point-of-care resource on the hospital wards and also as a refresher for board exam preparation, the focus throughout is on providing rapid reference, essential information on each disease to allow for quick, easy browsing and assimilation of the must-know information. All chapters follow a consistent template including the following features:
- An opening bottom-line/key points section.
- Classification, pathogenesis and prevention of disease.
- Evidence-based diagnosis, including relevant algorithms, laboratory and imaging tests, and potential pitfalls when diagnosing a patient.
- Disease management including commonly used medications with dosages, when to perform surgery, management algorithms and how to prevent complications.
- How to manage special populations, ie, in pregnancy, children and the eldery.
- The very latest evidence-based results, major society guidelines (AASLD/EASL) and key external sources to consult.
In addition, the book comes with a companion website housing extra features such as case studies with related questions for self-assessment, key patient advice and ICD codes.
If you’re specialising in hepatology and require a concise, practical guide to the clinical management of liver disease, bought to you by one of world’s leading hospitals, then this is the perfect book for you.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!