- David W. Chang, EdD, RRT-NPS is Professor of Cardio respiratory Care at the University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama
RESPIRATORY CARE CALCULATIONS, Third Edition covers all of the essential calculations in the practice of respiratory therapy in an easy-to-read, clear, and logical format. A review of basic math functions ensures that readers have the foundational skills needed to successfully compute calculations. The book uses a step-by-step approach to calculations to help readers easily complete respiratory calculations and avoid common mistakes. Filled with updated examples, self-assessments, practice exercises, and pertinent clinical notes, the book ensures that readers will be able to independently compute calculations and understand and interpret answers, charts, and graphs that are generated in clinical settings.
- The author’s step-by-step approach to completing calculations helps readers avoid common mistakes.
- This text is organized alphabetically and by subject area for use as a quick reference.
- Practice exercises throughout the text reinforce learning and improve retention.
New to this Edition
- NEW calculations have been added, including cerebral perfusion pressure, MDI/DPI dosage, and pressure support ventilation setting.
- A NEW section on ventilator waveforms with detailed illustrations has been added.
- Expanded appendix now includes up-to-date information on topics such as: anatomical values of children and adults, basal metabolic rate, normal laboratory reference values, croup score, sedation scales, and pitting edema scale, among many more.
- Increased calculation exercises to provide readers with numerous opportunities for practice.
- Self-assessment questions follow NBRC certification so that readers are better prepared for exams.
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!