- Richard A. Watts, University of East Anglia and Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, UK
- Philip G. Conaghan, University of Leeds and Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
- Christopher Denton, University College London, UK
- Helen Foster, Musculoskeletal Research Group, Newcastle University, Medical School
- John Isaacs, University of Newcastle
- Ulf Müller-Ladner, Justus-Liebig Universität Giessen
The field of rheumatology has undergone numerous exciting advances in recent years, especially the development of biological drugs with novel targets, made possible by rapid advances in the basic science of musculoskeletal diseases together with improved imaging techniques. This thoroughly revised fourth edition of the Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology reflects the changing face of the specialty and the many recent advances in the science, treatment, and understanding of rheumatic diseases.
The focus of this comprehensive reference work is the presentation and management of rheumatic conditions at all ages. Where relevant, treatment approaches are evidence-based and cross-referenced to national and international guidelines. Each clinical chapter provides up-to-date treatment advice illustrated with clinical vignettes as appropriate, and the authors consistently emphasize the overlap of rheumatology with other disciplines. With full colour illustrations throughout and a complementary online version, the Oxford Textbook of Rheumatology, Fourth Edition is an essential reference for all trainees and specialists in the field.
- A complete revision of the classic reference text in the field contains all you need to know in one comprehensive volume
- Along with new information on drug therapies, pathology, and imaging, the text now contains full colour illustrations which enhance the learning experience
- Print edition is complemented by an online version, which is updated annually to ensure access to the most up-to-date information
- Authored by international experts in the field, presenting a comprehensive world view
New to this edition
- The pathogenesis and pathology of rheumatic disease are covered in detail with particular emphasis on current concepts
- There is increased emphasis on the investigation and treatment of rheumatic disease, especially imaging techniques and the use of biologic agents in treatment
Note: Only Diamond member can download this ebook. Learn more here!